Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goodies from Brussels


Dh's company is headquartered in Brussels, so he visits a couple of times a year and brings me goodies. There is a fancy olive oil shop, where you taste samples. This is what he brought me. Look at the corks--I'll need a wine opener for these. Time to make the no knead bread again and have my own tasting.

The chocolates. Need I say more? We tasted these as soon as he got in the door.

This has been a week of kids with stomachaches, so yesterday and today I have one home with me. The big question in my mind -- how do you know if a kid is lying?

The extra hometime results in extra knitting time. Here's the Modern Quilt Wrap so far. I expect to get exactly halfway today.

I've been making some snowflakes on and off.

This is from the Lacy Snowflakes booklet from Leisure Arts.

I'll try to take some sewing room photos today, and do a post on that tomorrow. Making some progress there at last.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

When is a child lying? In my experience, whenever that question crosses your mind, there's a good chance....Sighhh.
Such canny little darlings.

8:27 AM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

Oh, and the scarf is lovely.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When is a child really sick? If you tell the child that they will have to stay in bed all day and will have to cancel any activities for the day, even if they feel better, you can usually tell if they are sick. Otherwise they figure later they can still go out and do the fun things.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines