Monday, February 04, 2008

Gatlinburg

We had a fun time in Gatlinburg. Friday morning was rainy, so we decided not to ski that day, and went to the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. I don't typically associate quality with the Ripley's brand, but the aquarium is very nice.

Sea horse.

Jellyfish.

Cuttlefish. I took some good photos for a change.

We also went to the Believe It or Not museum and the Haunted House. The kids got airbrushed Tshirts too -- talk about a blast from the past.

Saturday we skied, but I didn't really take many photos because I needed all my concentration for the matter at hand. Dh and I had the place to ourselves while the kids were in ski school, yay! We got in a bunch of runs before it got crowded. Today I can barely walk, of course, but it was fun.

This is a shot of one of the ski slopes taken from the scenic lift. Dd and I went up there to find a letterbox, and I forgot to bring my clue, so we never found it. I only found one letterbox in Gatlinburg, because there was only one we could walk to. We didn't have enough time to drive to any of the others.

On the way home I started feeling bad and now have a fever and cough -- seems a little better today though. Off to rest. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines