Monday, February 25, 2008

Skirt


So the kids and I TRIED to go letterboxing, but 30 seconds after this photo was taken, ds got his foot wet in the creek, cried like it was the end of the world, so we had to go home. I managed to log one box anyhow. We were there for about 30 minutes.

Since that activity was blown, I worked a little on a skirt.

I have some lightweight black denim that I made Ottobre capris out of last spring, and had enough leftover to make a skirt. I think the weight is going to be perfect, it's really light and will have some swing to it.

The pattern is from Burda Plus E952, a Spring issue, but I don't see a date on it.

It's cut out and I've got the facings and pockets prepped. There will be a lot of topstitching and I'm a bit out of practice, you can see some feathering on the pocket flap, but I'll charge ahead anyhow. By the time I'm finished with the skirt, I'll be up to speed on my topstitching. . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

That's a great skirt! I'd love to sew something, but I guess I'd better start with some curtains that needs hemming...
Yes, I saw yarnharlots cabled sweater-it looks really good! I've also looked at the Central Park Hoodie (yarnhog had finished hers now). I'll need some time to frog the blue one first...

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines