Monday, February 18, 2008

Curtains


Velvet curtains, that is. We redecorated dd's room as her Christmas gift from us. I bought the bedding from Pottery Barn Teen, didn't bother trying to make anything for her bed. The old folding doors that go into this closet are long gone -- they were so broken and messed up that we tossed them out. So, I've been covering the opening with curtains instead.

The fabric is Liz Claiborne velvet that I bought for half price at JoAnn's. It has a tone-on-tone leaf design embossed onto it, not sure it shows in the photos. I can't believe how hard it is to find a solid white fabric that isn't sheer (and I didn't want silk since this is so close to a window with afternoon sun).

Closeup of the ribbons at the top.

The ribbons are supposed to coordinate with this patchwork fabric that her bedding is made from.

I lined the curtains with regular Roclon drapery lining, and made a facing at the top to enclose the ends of the ribbons. Whew, I'm glad it's done. Home dec is simple, but I don't like working with such large, heavy pieces. The only other word of wisdom I have if you're doing a project like this -- Walking Foot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines