Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Green Sweater


It's finished and I love it. This is the Knitting Pure and Simple Neck Down V Neck T Shirt for Women #993. Size 46. Modifications: Made long sleeves by decreasing twice on each side of the marker every 6 rows (21 times). Instead of ribbing, made a crochet shell edging on the neckline and sleeves.

Instead of ribbing at the hem, I did a row of Knit 2 together, yarn over all the way across. After you knit that row, you knit 6 rows of plain knitting for the hem.

Then I sewed each live stitch to a stitch on the back to fold up the hem.

Originally, I wanted to use the crochet shell edge on the hem but it kept rolling up, so my mom suggested this hem. It looks so pretty and feminine, I love it. After making something as boring as this, I wanted to try some new and interesting finishing techniques.

Also, I made the sweater a bit longer than I want it because my gauge swatch shrunk lengthwise in the dryer. I lengthened the body by 2 inches and the sleeves by 1.5 inches, so I hope it works out. I used 7 balls of Lime Lion Brand CottonEase and size 7 needles.

We went to my parents' for the weekend and had an early birthday party for my dad. We also did a little letterboxing, although it was cold, and it seems like our luck was really bad. We searched for 6 boxes and only found 2.


We saw some cute llamas (or alpacas?) around the corner from the house I grew up in.


Batty by the fire, yesterday afternoon. I think he missed me this weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

That's a really nice sweater!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Micki said...

I really like how your sweater turned out! Your mom was right about the hem. It turned out so nice!!!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines