Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow Day II

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes about Maggie. We had her for so long, it almost became impossible to believe she would ever be gone. . .


It had been at least 3 years since it snowed here, and then it snowed twice in the same week. The kids were blissfully happy, of course.

The snowman is wearing the Santa Hat from Handknit Holidays and the Griffyndor Scarf from Charmed Knits. The buttons are Painting Red Rhinos leftovers. I bought a pound of these buttons in a coop many years ago. Most recently, the kids have used them for games pieces for a school project.

Cute, huh? It only took ds an hour to knock him over.

I posted about my hate for the Modern Quilt Wrap, but I decided to go buy some bamboo needles before I gave up. I am so weak when I enter a yarn shop. Not only did I get the needles, but also I bought 4 skeins of the new Noro Kureyon sock yarn.

I'm not that much of a pig, y'all. Two skeins are for my mother for her birthday. . . I also picked up a copy of New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordi. I've seen great reviews and I can't wait to try some of these patterns.

I'll show an update of the Modern Quilt Wrap this week. I'm making much better progress with the new needles. I have such a big investment in the yarn, so I'm glad I didn't give up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

So sorry to hear about Maggie! I betshe would have loved playing around in the snow with the kids!

Beautiful yarn...

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines