Monday, January 07, 2008

Monkey Socks


So I jumped on the bandwagon along with everyone else (Monkey is the most popular knitting pattern on Ravelry with 181 people listing it as in progress, 3239 total projects either completed or begun. . .)



The only changes I made were to knit one less pattern repeat on the leg (worried about running out of yarn, of course), and to make a slip stitched heel instead of a stockinette heel (I think they wear better). It's a good pattern because the lace is easy to memorize, it looks much more complicated than it is. I think I might like it better in a solid yarn, even though the pattern was designed for hand-dyed yarns. I used Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight and size 2 dpns.

I wore them all day yesterday and they stayed up just fine, felt perfectly comfortable. I'm at the point where some of the socks I knit a few years ago are felting and need to be tossed, but I still feel sentimental about them, and want to keep them.

I want to cast on for a hat next -- I have some nice light blue alpaca, but can't find a knitting or crochet pattern I like, so I might invent something.

My next BIG knitting project will be the Modern Quilt Wrap. I've never used the Rowan Kidsilk Haze, so that is exciting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines