Thursday, January 03, 2008

January Already


I've been gone longer than I expected. When we got back from Illinois I got sick and spent the next couple of days in bed. I felt good enough to read a little bit, which almost made it worth it. I haven't left the house since we got back from the trip.

The kids are still on holiday, dh has gone back to work, and it's too cold outside to do any letterboxing, like I'd planned. Yesterday I had a friend and her kids over, which always helps with the cabin fever. I think today we'll pull out some of the new games Santa left us.

I tallied the books from my 2007 reading list. I read 40 fiction, 15 nonfiction, for a total of 55 books. I think this is just about right for me, around a book a week. I'm not really setting a goal for this year, but plan to continue as I've been doing. This list doesn't count any of my craft, garden, or cookbooks either.

I'm ashamed to admit that I never tidied and organized the sewing room last year. (Hanging head in shame.) It really is (besides the kids' toys in the basement) the only horrible room in the house and that one is all MY responsibility, no one else's. . .

I'm making absolutely no health/fitness resolutions this year. I'm just not in the right place for that these days. I am planning a real vegetable garden, which should add some healthier foods into my diet -- can't wait for it. The seed catalogs are here and my brother bought me a new gardening book, which has some nice *small vegetable garden* layouts. We have a long growing season here, so it's really not premature to be ordering seeds.

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

I loved your book list. Everyone in my house loved it, and I've emailed the link to many folks.

Grace wants to know how you manage to read AND knit AND make soap AND have kids AND.....

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines