Monday, October 29, 2007

Working Weekend

This weekend I deep cleaned my bedroom. There was a lot of construction dust in there from this summer's bathroom remodel. Every time I took down a book from the shelf I got a face full of dust.


I moved all the sewing books and magazines into the sewing room.


Here's my *To Read* shelf. There are even a few empty shelves, although I don't think they'll stay that way for long.

I took my duvet cover and pillow shams off the bed to go to the cleaners. I made this set, so I'm always nervous to have someone else handling them (thereby seeing the shortcuts and shoddy construction). There are some places where the trim is pulling out of the seams on the pillowcases, etc. I'm curious if anyone's dry cleaners have commented on garments or things that you have sewn yourself.

I didn't get much crafty stuff done this weekend. Saturday was all day at the math tutor's and a football game. This Saturday is the last game, hooray! Just in time for basketball to start next week, ahem. . .

In November, I'm doing this:

It's Knit a Sweater in November, paralleling the thing for writers, write a novel in November.

So, I'll be crocheting (not knitting) this:

It's really screwed up, so I'll be ripping it. I'm still working on the gauge, so I figure it doesn't count that I've spent two weeks of October on gauge issues. I probably won't get to the real work until later this week anyway.


Here's a scarf I started in the car and at the game for something mindless to work on. The yarn is Moda Dea Beadnik I got at JoAnn's. It has some tiny beads prestrung on it, plus a metallic thread. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

That's really I'll I've got for this week. I have to come up with some appetizers for our neighborhood Halloween party on Wednesday. Off to google recipes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines