I've posted BEFORE about how much I love this pattern (Kwik Sew 2690). That aqua suit from last year is the only one I'll wear and it's getting worn out. I'm going to Orlando (again! I know) next week and will spend at least a day at a Disney Waterpark with ds while dd is at Sea World Camp. So, it's suit time again.
I thought this was a finished photo, but here I am trying it on with the bra and marking where to cut the straps off. . . Anyway you get the idea. I was trying to photograph myself in a swimsuit while there were men roofing right outside my window. Eek. The things I do for you, oh readers. . .
The finished suit, unmodeled.
The inside front. Note the powernet lining for tummy control. I used a regular lining fabric for the bust part (see behind the bra) because the powernet tends to squeeze you into a giant uniblob if you use it in the bust area.
The back side. The crotch and back seams are enclosed in the lining. I decided not to sew the bra in along the upper back edge this time. The suit comes high enough to hide it and it's really hard to hook it up if it's sewn on in the back.
I had a lovely time making it while listening to Lori interview Anne St. Clair about sewing swimsuits on her Podcast. It was just the thing. . .