Thursday, June 14, 2007

Destruction


They call it demolition but that's not what it is. . .

I had forgotten how intrusive and unsettling it is to have large machines in your yard destroying things. And I felt like I couldn't leave, with a sick kid (fever, sore throat, etc.) and in case something went horribly wrong (I looked out once and saw the contractor holding a power saw and told him I didn't like the looks of it -- remember he cut himself with it a couple of weeks ago -- and he told me he just pulled a piece of denim jeans out of the safety cover, the ones he was wearing when he got cut).

They poured a new concrete slab for the garage and cut my cable line, so no computer all week. . .

I kept thinking of that old rap song from the 80s *tear the roof off the sucka* every time I look up. Of course a thunderstorm popped up as soon as they opened it up. . .

We watched a ton of movies this week and I'm only two or three days away from finishing the super secret crochet project, which is no longer fun to work on, since it's very big and rows are so long.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! And good luck with the construction! WE've lived-more or less-on a construction site for 9 years...

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines