Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend


We did a lot of yard work. I was pruning some gardenias and found this huge beetle. It's hard to tell in the photo, but he was about 3.5" long in the body and his antennae were another 2". I tried to identify him online, but the only other PHOTO I found couldn't identify him either.


I made dh dig up and relocate my giant rosemary bush because the contractors are pouring concrete there next week. See the five gigantic bags of rosemary in my driveway? How many roast chickens would it take to use it all up? You can see the rootball behind the fence. What we didn't know is that there is a yellowjacket's nest underneath, but dh only got stung once. . .

Saturday was a girly day. Dd and I got new cell phones and went to the mall.

I know *what does a 10yo need with a cell phone?* but, in my defense, we don't have a land line phone at our house. So, when I have a babysitter, there is no way they can get in touch with me unless they have a cellphone (some do, some don't). Two years ago, I bought an extra cell phone for myself and let dd use it, or left it around as the *house phone*. She has proven herself reliable at taking care of it, and I like being able to keep track of her around the neighborhood or at friend's houses, without calling and disturbing their parents. . .

So, I got a green one, dd got a pink one, and we sat around at the Cheesecake Factory taking pictures or our pasta bowls and sending them to each other across the table, like total geeks. It was fun. I decided to get the bluetooth headset so I can talk and knit at the same time. (I am so behind the times, y'all. This stuff has been around for a long time and I am just now getting in the game. . .)

We went to Sephora and bought some crazy nail polish colors.

I succumbed to the Bare Minerals infomercials a couple of weeks ago and am really liking their makeup, so I bought a few more of their things too. And then we went to the bookstore. A fun day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

I don't know what that beetle is either but I found one here 2 nights ago in the outside water bowl. Ewww.

Looks like you had a great weekend!

7:26 AM  
Blogger marit said...

The bookstore part would have been my favourite-lol. A cellphone for a tenyearold seems reasonable. It's not as if you can go outside and shout like we used to do "in my days"

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines