Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Flowers


I've got nothing of substance to report, so I'll dazzle you with flowers. This is the first moonvine blossom. There's something so romantic about flowers that bloom only at night. I used to have some angel trumpets when I lived in TX and the bats would come to them in the evenings. I think they will grow here too, although they die all the way back to the ground in the winter.

These are WAVE petunias and alyssum that I grew from seed. The petunia seed packet was rather stingy but I got enough plants for the eight pots on my porch.

My tomatoes are way behind this year, I'm starting to see a few small flowers, but no fruit has developed yet. We're in a serious drought, but I'm watering faithfully. I'm guessing I'll have tomatoes in August and September. It's hard to be patient.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Those petunias look beautiful! I usually have to buy mine from the nursery and hope they don't freeze.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines