Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer Stuff


I thought I might sew today, but I made a blueberry pie instead. When I was a kid, my grandmother had lots of blueberry bushes, several different varieties, so the yields were staggered and she got berries from June all the way through July and into August. When I stayed with her in the summer, I picked them every morning and then made some pies after lunch. We ate one for supper and usually gave the extras to visitors or neighbors.

I keep hoping to live somewhere with enough space for a few blueberry bushes. I planted several at the house I lived in two moves ago, but I went by there recently and they had all been mown down. . .

Here's my swimmer at our last swim meet of the season. . .

I'm so proud of her, she is blessed with my family's lack of athletic ability, but she still tries really hard and likes being part of a team.

I will be out of town next week, so I'll be back to regular posting in July.

2 Comments:

Blogger marit said...

That pie looks delicious!
also good shot of that swimmer! we haven't got pools around here..they will have to do with the ocean..

5:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

mmmmm, thats one yummy looking pie!

There where a few blueberry bushes where I grew up, they where a hidden behind some over growth, I was surprised they where even there when my Grandmother showed me!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines