Monday, May 07, 2007

Ripple Finished


Stats: Caron Simply Soft (6 oz. skein 315 yds), 13 skeins -- 3 each of dark sage, lime, and bright blue, 2 each of dark red and country blue. Size H hook. Pattern: Double Crochet Chevrons from Jan Eaton's Encyclopedia of Crochet Techniques. Finished dimensions: 60" wide by 76" long. I crocheted two rows of each color, and had 65 stripes (so 130 actual rows). I estimate it took about an hour for each color change, and about an ounce of yarn for each.


He really loves it and slept under it last night. I tried to make the colors go with his room, but problem is, he wants to change it to a rainforest/jungle theme. So, I used a lot of green, his favorite color, which will look good when we change the room. Seems like I just made all the cowboy stuff, but it was four years ago. With the exception of the lampshade fading a bit, it still looks pretty nice. I'm going to try to put off this rainforest idea for another year at least.


Here's a shot that shows the colors better. I can't believe I finished such a big project, particularly since I learned to crochet two months ago. I've still got the cotton granny square blanket to work on, so I'll be going back to that. I picked up some small crochet thread and hooks the other day, so I might start some lace experiments too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Mary, it is so beautiful. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Nutmeg said...

That is beautiful! I would love to learn the ripple stitch

nutmeg

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines