Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Podcast Rave

Yesterday I listened to Lori's new podcast, Sew Forth Now. She did an interview with Anne St. Clair of Needlenook Fabrics. It was all about knit fabrics -- structure, fiber content, sewing methods, etc. I've been sewing with knits for a long time, but still I learned a lot.

She talked about the best needles to use, interfacing your hems (must try that on my next Tshirt!), converting woven patterns to knits, etc. Give it a listen, y'all. Lori sounds so sweet in person too. . .

This week I'm planting most of my garden. We're also planning an addition to the master and kids' bathrooms, plus dh wants to add a garage (and buy a sportscar to go in it eventually, ahem). . . That means I'll be losing my gigantic rosemary bush.

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it's 5 feet high and 8 or 10 feet across. He says he'll relocate it for me, but I don't think it will be the same, it really likes that spot.

Speaking of giant plants, how's this for a poison ivy specimen?

My walks in the woods with ds now consist of me mostly yelling *don't touch that!*

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nutmeg said...

Oh! Thanks for sharing! I'm always excited to see a new podcast up. I'm going to take a listen right now.

~~nutmeg

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for the kind words, Mary, I greatly appreciate it. I am so happy you enjoyed the podcast, Anne is a wealth of information

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines