Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nuthin'


I feel like I've got nuthin' for ya this week.

Here's the progress on the colorwork vest. I'm about to start binding off for the armholes. All the color combining is fun. It looks really different in the photo - maybe I need to start stepping back and viewing it from farther away.

Dh saw my *Year of Doilies* book and thought I had lost my mind and am in fact turning into his grandmother. What is wrong with that? I want to know. . .

And maybe I am, because I just can't see the damn thing. I had contacts in yesterday and it was all so tiny I couldn't tell what I was doing, plus I'm having tensioning issues. I'm determined to master it but I might have to go to the drugstore and buy some magnifiers before it's over. . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger L. said...

Mary,

I too have been toying with the idea of trying some thread crochet. I'm not sure I would know what to do with that fine thread and just where to place the needles when reading a pattern.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Stitchy Witch said...

I'm making a doily now as well, and I'm no grandma! I really love how every round is different, and I don't think knitting in the thread is too bad... it's easier to see than fuzzy yarn anyway.

But my fiance made fun of me too, especially when he saw the "doilies to treasure" book I got from Ebay yesterday. I told him I'm trying to start a new trend, like the ripple blankets that everyone is making, but I don't know that he bought it.

Your doily looks pretty!

9:13 AM  
Blogger marit said...

My grandma taught me to crochet when I was about 4 or 5- 40 years ago...-and I still love it! The colour you are using for your doily is really pretty.There are so many beautiful patterns for crocheting too.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines