Monday, May 21, 2007

Heavenly Blue


These are my favorite flowers.

I spent all weekend weaving in yarn ends.

This is the pile I had left. And then on to knitting the neckbands, which I frogged once because the buttonholes looked bad. I decided to leave them out. I tried a new bindoff method on the front band, which came from a Knitty Gritty episode with Lily Chin. Basically you use a crochet hook to pull the new loop through rather than knitting needles. It worked a charm! Easy and fast.

I knitted one of the armhole bands and it's flaring like crazy -- see that? I'm going to knit the other one and make some decreases probably at the two corners along the bottom of the armhole where the bindoffs are. Hope that does the trick. I'm really tired of this project and just want to be done with it. Seems like the finishing is taking forever (whine, whine, whine, I know).

I am also a bit hesitant about the finished product -- I'm going to look like a participant in a Pride parade, I think. . .

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

That little bit of sweater showing is stunning! Can't wait to see it modeled!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines