Friday, May 11, 2007

Doily Again


So here's another day's work on the doily. I think maybe y'all know by now that when I am learning something new I get a tiny bit obsessed. . .

Thanks to Stitchy Witch for making me feel not so alone. I guess it's words like *Doily* and *Antimacassar* that sets these men off?? A little lace never hurt anybody.

I must send you over to see this tutorial. It's for granny squares but the slip knot center ring part would have worked great on this doily I'm making.


Can you see how big my ring looks compared to the one in the pattern photo? Laura's tutorial shows you how to crochet around a slip knot so you can pull it up and tighten it -- sheer genius. She is also coordinating Rebuilding Greensburg Block by Block so go check her out. . .

I just found out I need a baby gift next week, so I'll work something up over the weekend. I still have a linen dress I want to make before we leave on vacation over Memorial Day. I would love to make a new swimsuit and a nightie/robe set too, but I think that is only a pipe dream at this point. Next week I'm hosting and organizing a neighborhood knitting group, so I'm excited about that. . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Nice!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful color for your doily Mary! I'm glad you found the tutorial helpful and thanks so much for the shout-out about the afghan project. :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

your doily is lovely, so delicate!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines