Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Misc.


Well, the knitting group was a bust. I had two *maybes* who didn't show and then one who came by and I didn't hear her. I don't know how that happened, because I was waiting, waiting, waiting. The neighborhood newsletter, which was going to be my publicity for this, came out today, so I'll see if anybody else gets in touch when they see it.

I have a needlework-related tv show to recommend. I've been watching Clatterford (aka Jam and Jerusalem in the UK) on BBC America. There are quilts, afghans both knit and crochet, everywhere in this series. On the premiere episode there's a scene in the church where every surface is covered in a quilt or blanket and they are beautiful! Also see the table covers in the episode with the church bazaar and grannies over people's couches in home scenes. They show the ladies knitting at the church guild meetings too. I have a big thing for Jennifer Saunders (an AbFab fanatic) but although she writes the series, she plays a lesser role here. Dawn French is hilarious and over the top in this one, and JoAnna Lumley plays a dotty old lady which is hysterically funny. . .

I'm almost finished with the knitting on the colorwork vest, but that means still more hours of end weaving and knitting the armhole, neck, and front bands. I'm losing steam on it, because I have a couple of crochet projects on the brain. No big plans for the weekend, probably taking the kids to see the new Shrek movie.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

sorry to hear about your knitting club. hope you get some new contacts from the newsletter!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines