Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Colorwork Vest


It's finished, yay! (Remember you can click on the photo to enlarge it.) This is the Allspice Vest done in Tahki Cotton Classic rather than wool. Size 7 Denise needles, although I sized down to 5s when I was knitting the armbands. Also, I put decreases in the bottom corners of the armholes to keep them from flaring.

It doesn't meet up in the front, and I had intended to make it short enough that it wouldn't need to clear my hips, but the weight of the cotton makes it stretch a bit. I think I might give it to my MIL for Christmas because it would fit her really well. . . I knew I probably wouldn't like it because I don't wear vests, but it was fun to make.


Bumblebees in the sage. . .

I also wanted to send you guys over to see Emily's tutorial on making a summery dishtowel totebag. Also check out Belinda's elastic waistband tutorial. Great info, y'all. . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Love all the color! Your vest turned out wonderfully : )

7:43 PM  
Blogger L. said...

Wow, your vest is gorgeous...nice job! How do you weave in all those ends and have it looking so neat and well finished?

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines