Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ottobre Top


This is the wrap top, No. 6 from Ottobre Woman. I used a poly knit with a crepe finish that I bought in a coop several years ago. I made a size 48, again with no modifications. The drape of the fabric is fantastic, I can tell I'll be wearing it a lot. I used the coverhemmer quite a bit on all of the bindings, straps and hems. I don't have a binder attachment for my machine, but still managed it. There are a few wonky areas, I won't lie, but the print is busy enough to hide a lot of mistakes.


Here are a couple of shots of it on.

If you want to see it on a smaller figure, take a look at Teri's Striped Top. I think that shows just how great a pattern it is, it works for more than one figure type.

Capris
I got the waistband on the capris, they needed a little more shaping, so I smooshed a dart in at center back.

The waistband could have taken two more little darts, but I never wear my tops tucked in and they stay up, so who cares?

The denim I used is really lightweight and thin, they'll be great for hot weather.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Cute outfit! You have tempted me to subscribe to Ottobre!

6:51 AM  
Blogger mermaids said...

the top looks great on you. the capri pattern is on my short list of things to sew. thanks for the warning about the shaping of the waistband. i'll make a muslin of the waist band.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines