Thursday, January 25, 2007

Some Tiny Sweaters

My mom knitted all of these sweaters.

This is a double knitted cardigan, made from a worsted weight acrylic. It's reversible. The hat is a garter stitch bonnet with Icord ties, I think it's an Elizabeth Zimmerman design, but I don't know which book it's from. I remember dd wearing this on a very cold day, riding in the stroller and screaming her head off, me trudging behind trying to get her home NOW. . .

Elegant cotton fingering weight baby cardigan. Six cables running up the back, gorgeous. One cable along each sleeve and along the saddle shoulder. I think both of my kids wore this one, small yellow stain on sleeve (didn't wash out).

Red acrylic cardigan, sportweight yarn. Raglan sleeve (click on picture to enlarge so you can see the 3d block pattern along the bottom.

Cotton intarsia sweater, I think it's a Debbie Bliss or a Rowan maybe? Sport weight cotton yarn. Seed stitch instead of ribbing on cuffs and hem. She had a little pair of purple corduroy pants that matched these. It's about a size 2 and she was walking when she wore this one.

My mom is a prolific knitter and loves to make baby things, which she mostly donates to charity. It's so fun for me to look at them now through knitter's eyes, because I wasn't a knitter when she gave them to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those sweaters are amazing. I wish I could knit more than a scarf.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines