Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Miscellany



I met my walking goal for the week, but I have to say that walking makes me tired. Everyone always says they have more energy when they exercise, but they are lying. On the days I walk, I don't feel like getting up the rest of the day, I just want to sit and read the paper or knit and watch TV. The craft shows from DYI are on HG TV, so there is actually something new to watch.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of Amy Butler fabric at fabric dot com. I got her book for Christmas and it is singing to me. It's more like a little whisper in my ear right now, but its siren song is growing louder. Ahem, no promises, but if I mention it here, y'all might expect to see something someday, right?

I still have soap on the brain too. I found this tutorial on how to make felted soap. I've been racking my brain about how to find a sushi mat (didn't even google it though, duh). I went to the grocery store today and found one.

I was buying some california rolls and there it was right in front of me. I have no idea what I paid for it.

My LYS carries gorgeous wool roving. I almost signed up for a felted Christmas ornament class from them, maybe next year.

I found a great *new to me* blog, Cathy of California. I heard about her at Craftypod. Cathy has fantastic photos of craft projects from vintage craft books, the kind of groovy stuff I grew up with and truly love to look at. Go take a peek.

Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

1. Exercise gives you more energy on the days you don't do it. i.e., you are tired on the days you work to get in shape. If you're actually in shape, you have great energy on your rest days.

2. In my humble experience, short, intense interval workouts aren't as draining as longer less intense exercise.

3. Felted soap??

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines