Thursday, January 18, 2007

Valentine's Dishcloths


This is the Love Heart Face Cloth by Rhonda from Knitting Knonsense. I'm a child of the 70's and I have always *hearted* that design. Ha.

This is Melissa's Knit Valentine Dishcloth 2004 from Melissa's Discloth Patterns. Scroll down to find it, lots of cute designs here.

This is Dishcloth #2 from the Leisure Arts booklet, Dishcloths from the Heart, by Evelyn A. Clark. I really like this one because it's big and will encase one of my large bars of soap, plus it has the yarn over edging that allows you to thread a ribbon through it.

Last is Grandmother's Favorite with a Heart. It's very cute, but it came out small. I typically make my Grandmother's Favorite bigger than the pattern. I didn't feel like doing the math to make this one bigger. I think I can stretch it around a handful of the little guest soaps.

When I was photographing these, I saw a gigantic woodpecker in my cherry tree by the bird feeder. I thought it was a hawk with a red band around its neck at first. Then I realized the red was plumage when I saw him fly. He was more gray than black and white. I wasn't fast enough to get a photo, bummer.

I have a few sewing projects percolating in my head right now. I keep pulling fabrics together, but am having trouble deciding what to work on first. Am feeling creative suddenly, it's about time.

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

LO
VE

By Robert Indiana, a pop artist from the '60's and '70's.

He created one of the boldest typgraphical objects of the 20th century. Unfortunately for him, he recieved almost none of the wealth it generated. If he had created it now, he would have it copyrighted, trademarked, and receiving royalty checks.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines