Monday, January 15, 2007

Boutique Baby Burp Cloths Tutorial, Pt. 3


Here they are finished.

I added some hand embroidery to these (designs from Sublime Stitching) so I could hide the back side of my work inside the diaper. Many people add machine embroidery, there are lots of options -- monograms, pithy sayings like *spit happens* or *wild child*, etc. Remember that mom, dad or other caretakers wear these things rather than the babies.

I have put up a flickr SET so you can see all the photos together in one place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sew Chic said...

Nice tutorial! I made some of these almost 2 years ago and didn't know they were a "boutique" item, lol. Thanks for sharing.
Ruth

I don't know if this will work, but if you like you can see my burp cloths at the following link.
http://sewchic.blogspot.com/2005/12/pictures-of-past-projects.html

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ilix said...

These look great thanks for sharing!!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines