Friday, December 01, 2006

Embroidery Fun

I dusted off the old embroidery machine, for some fun with my Rudolph card. Here is the Abominable Snowman on a sweatshirt for ds:

I love that guy. . .

I took my machine to the girls' sewing class yesterday. Everything always takes longer than you think it will. I told the girls (4 of them) to pick designs that were under 25 minutes, but still, we were there from 3:30 until 7:00 pm! . . . Yikes. The teacher also had them working on drawstring backpacks at the same time, because you know what it's like, standing around watching an embroidery machine run, and waiting for the thread changes.

Here is dd's stocking:

She is very proud of it. One of the girls used some velvet that I had and I forgot to bring any topper or solvy for it, so she was unhappy with how the pile showed through. Oh well, you try to plan for these things. . .

I have the Brother PE-150, and I really like it. It seemed so self-indulgent to buy an embroidery machine in the first place, when I had no plans of trying to earn $$ with it. But I like knowing that I bought the cheapest, most hard working machine out there. It is 5 years old now and still runs like a dream.

I should shop for a couple of new cards, too, since most of the ones I have are *baby* ones. When dh upgraded to a new computer last year, my magic box connection no longer worked. He finally bought me a new connector about a month ago, but I haven't tried to install the software and the box. Maybe I'll work on it this weekend, it's only been sitting here on my computer desk for six months or so. . . Bleagh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines