Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sewing Slump

On Wednesday, I went into the sewing room and traced the pattern for this top.

The problem is that I already have a long cranberry velvet skirt (woven w/lycra) that I made 3 years ago. This pattern is for a stretchy knit, so I don't want to use the woven velvet for the top -- don't think I could get it on. . . Plus, I've worn that velvet skirt to this party at least twice.

If I make this top, then I think I should make a short skirt from silk crepe, to combine textures. I think maybe it should be a gored skirt with godets to give it some swing, worn with the sleeveless velour top. I have 3 or 4 pieces of fabric in this color, which means quite a few combinations. Paralyzing choices.

The shawl is going to be done on time, so I want to have a sleeveless top. I can't decide, does a lace shawl look stupid over a top with sleeves? Or is it just my knitting vanity that says *nobody will be able to see the lace pattern over a solid -- it needs bare skin under it.*

Obviously, the indecision is paralyzing me. I might be able to make something this weekend, but we are going out of town for Thanksgiving, so I won't be able to sew. And the party's the next weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Your meadow flowers shawl is gorgeous! You did a great job.
I have to say that your finished Kiri is going to look breathtaking no matter how you wear it! Love the lines on the top you traced out : )

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines