Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Report


*I love grass!*

I worked on the Kiri Shawl this week, and finally, it clicked. When I made myself focus on looking at the knitted fabric, rather than the chart, I suddenly realized that the new leaf veins start at the tip of the leaf below, so that's the best way to keep track of where you are -- no markers needed, yay!!

It's one of those simple things where people tell you *pay attention to your knitting, learn to read your knitting* and you're saying *yeah, yeah.* But it's true.

I've done about seven repeats out of the 12 planned and I've almost knitted one ball (of three). So I'm about a third of the way done.

I'm not posting any photos because I have too many stitches on the needles to stretch out and it looks like a mess.

My ILs are coming this weekend, so I've been cleaning and getting ready for them rather than sewing. Dd's sewing class was cancelled because the teacher was sick, so I have nothing to report there.

I realized that the cats have been getting much more publicity than my other animals. Poor dog.

3 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Thanks for the book. I haven't been home during waking hours since it came. Debby did follow me reading choice bits while I got ready to go out last night. It looks like a fun book. I love those Sedaris's.
They keep kids in on election day? Is this to squelch the soccer mom vote?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

awww,your pup is so cute! Kiri is growing quite well! Love your dishcloths especially the one pictured on the right

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Such a cute pup! He most definately deserves some face time! Keep plugging along on Kiri - it's looking beautiful. It sounds like you've got it figured out. It is so much better when you see it in your stitches rather than constantly having to look back at the chart.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines