Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Still Not Sewing

I was going to sew today, but we needed coffee. Funny how that happens, huh?

Why is it that a trip to the grocery store leaves me feeling wrung out like a wet sponge, unable to think about doing anything else? I think my brain becomes paralyzed by all the choosing and decision-making.

So, we're going to dh's company formal this Saturday night. I tried on the velvet skirt from 3 years ago, and it fits and looks pretty good. I also pulled out a cranberry silk satin blouse (sleeveless) that I bought last year (still has tags on it) and tried it on. It looks great but needs to be taken in through the sideseams under the arms so my bra doesn't show. Since these pieces work, I don't HAVE to make anything new unless I want to.

The bad thing about this party is that they take pictures and then make a CD overhead presentation that shows all of the people last year dancing and carrying on during the party. So, if you are trying to get away with wearing last year's dress, you are BUSTED. Last year, I made a different dress, so I feel okay going back to the skirt again. . .

I've been working on some online Christmas shopping, so I've come upon a couple of fun links for making some simple gifts. First is a cute Soft Sculpture Tree Pattern. I might try to persuade dd to make some of these with me.

Next, check out this Zippered Bag Tutorial. I made a bunch of these a couple of years ago. I used laminated fabric left over from diaper-cover making days. I think I looked at a RTW one and copied it, rather than following any instructions. I'm still using them, and every once in a while when travelling, I pull the bag out and think *Wow, I made that!*

I am supposed to go to dd's sewing class and let them use my embroidery machine tomorrow, but I have a teacher's conference that might conflict, so I've got to figure that out. I also need to address and mail 20 birthday party invites. Haven't even bought the Christmas cards yet. I'm so tired thinking about it all. (Whine over. . .)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines