Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More Kiri Shawl

As promised, a few more pics taken outside:



Right now I'm feeling the lightness and freedom called *moving on to the next project*. . . I spent the afternoon looking through knitting books and magazines and decided to make some silly Christmas-y stuff. So far, I'm thinking of making santa hats from Handknit Holidays for the kids, and then some of the tiny stockings and sweaters from last Minute Knitted Gifts.

I looked through my yarn stash and, with a couple of exceptions, all I have is yarn leftover from other projects. I have yarn for one cotton sweater, a bunch of weird boucle that dh picked up for me somewhere, some Noro Silk Garden for a Lady Eleanor, and some Koigu for a Clapotis, but everything else is dribs and drabs (except for sock yarn, of course, which has its own rules). I need to use up some of these things, so I'm thinking the little stockings and sweaters will help. I am going to the yarn shop today to return an extra ball left over from Kiri, so I'll get some white yarn to trim the santa hats and some red sock yarn to go with all the green leftovers for stockings.

See how it goes? In order to use up leftovers, you have to buy MORE yarn, heh.

I'm going to the mountains and away from the computer for the rest of the week. The turkey got done somehow, what with my oven wanting to turn itself off every 20 minutes or so, I had to stand in the kitchen all day yesterday, monitoring things. Today I'm stocking up on cat food and litter for the petsitter, so we can get outta town. I'll be working on my little holiday projects while I'm away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Cook said...

Beautiful Mary! Have a great holiday & trip!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Even more lovely! You did a great job. I'm having same problem, have to buy more yarn to use up the leftovers that I have ; )
Have a happy Thanksgiving!

4:41 PM  
Blogger vickibarkley said...

tell me what's going on for thanksgiving again?

I'm making the gravy for our family. Got off easy this year.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Mary, beautiful shawl. Enjoyed your dd's picture of the river, too.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines