Monday, November 20, 2006

Kiri Shawl Finished

Here she is blocking, yay!



Stats:
Pattern: Kiri Shawl. I did 15 repeats of chart 2, on size 8 needles.
Finished size: 70" wide, 36" long, blocked.
Yarn: Douceur et Soie from Knit One Crochet Too (70% baby mohair, 30% silk, color Deep Garnet). I used almost 3 balls.
Not sure how many hours it took me to complete, I had to frog now and then, but mostly was able to fix mistakes by undoing down to them with a crochet hook. I worked on it for about 3 weeks as my only knitting project, except for a dishrag or two.

I was thinking that since the pattern is supposed to represent birch leaves, I should have used green yarn, but then I remembered these maple leaves which are close to the color I used:


I really like the finished project and it was an easy project for a beginning lace knitter (easier and better written instructions than Charlotte's Web, for example). I'm going to try and take a few photos outside after I get the ends woven in today, so that will be tomorrow's post.

Today I'm cooking my Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) turkey and getting ready to leave for the holiday. I've been playing with my embroidery machine just a bit, a few small RTW items for the kids and me with my Rudolph embroidery card -- fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Mary, you shawl is beautiful.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

breathtaking! Love the red that you used. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving : )

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines