Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lacevember Questions

Here are the answers to my Lacevember questions.

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting?
Four years.

How did you learn to knit?
My mom got me started, then I'm self taught (books and internet) from there.

Favorite thing about knitting?
Relaxation, something to do when I can't be in my sewing room, portability.

How long have you been knitting lace?
Not long. I've made two lace shawls and a couple of items with small lace bits on them.

Favorite thing about knitting lace.
The finished product -- beautiful. . .


The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn?
My favorite so far was Knitpicks Alapaca Cloud. I have some Lorna's Laces Helen's lace in my stash for the next big project.

variegated or solids for shawls?
Solids.

Favorite lace color?
I have been on a blue/green kick for a long time. I love the look of white lace, but don't think I would be able to use the finished item -- too dressy.


Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights?
Circs.

Favorite lace knitting trick?
Lifelines.

Lifelines? If so with what?
Oh yeah, baby. I use whatever cotton yarn that's laying around -- it's easy to pull out.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet?
Pins, but I have a bit cutting table in my sewing room, so I lay the item out on a big piece of burley knit terry that use for pressing when I sew.

Pattern, or can you follow directions
Pattern, I'm a little scared of not doing as I'm told.

shawls or lacey items?
Shawls, but I can see that I'm going to have to stop soon, since I don't wear them much.

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls?
Triangle, but I want to make EZ's Pi shawl (round) one of these days.

Charts or printed instructions?
Charts.

Favorite lace you've knit?
Charlotte's Web Shawl

Favorite lace you want to knit?
EZ's Pi Shawl


Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor?
Popcorn

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red.....
The first Viking to invade Greenland and establish a colony there. I just reread *Greenlanders* by Jane Smiley, which is about how the colony failed. I love that book. (NERD.)

Coke, classic or with lime?
Diet coke with lime

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves?
I can turn that s#$t off if I want to, so who cares?

What is the definition of irony?
See BATHTUB question below.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
The world may never know

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door?
To give him something to step in

What is your superhero power?
X-ray vision

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be?
Aqua blue and sage green

What's for dinner tonight?
Spaghetti

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain?
Oh lord you don't want to know. Why is it that a kid who's in the bathtub can't make it to the bathroom in time? That -- is the definition of irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines