Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Little Ottobre

I made ds some corduroy pants and a velour shirt this weekend.

I'm not too sure about the pants, they fit him almost like leggings.

Is it just me, or is the pocket placement really low?

The pants pattern is number 19, from Ottobre 5/2006.

The pants in the photo don't look so fitted, but since his measurements put him in a size 92, I used that size with size 116 for length. (He really is 115 cm tall.) I eliminated the fly opening and made an elastic waist, and then panicked that he wouldn't be able to get them on (!!), but they're okay. . .

Then, I made the top from some velour that coordinated, but I didn't have any ribbing. I ended up using some jersey that's really poor quality. I forgot to add seam allowances to this pattern. (People have the audacity to come into my sewing room and TALK to me. . . which causes me to skip steps like this, plus I'm so out of practice y'all.) The top worked anyway without the seam allowances. I made a size 110, I think. Here's the pattern photo, although the number escapes me at the moment, it's from 4/2006.

It's such a relief to get back to sewing again. My ILs were supposed to visit but cancelled at the last minute due to bad weather and bad colds.

I don't know what I'll work on next, but at least I have now justified my Ottobre subscription. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Those pockets are how male designer jeans are right now. Some of the ghetto-fabulous designers are so low they're at the hamstrings. I think it's to make it look like the pants are riding lower than they really are, but still hang on the butt.

And you've been pretty busy lately.

Vak

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines