Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Misty Garden Scarf


This is the Misty Garden scarf from Scarf Style. I used Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair (3 balls Glacier Bay, 2 of Tundra) on size 10 1/2 needles. Finished size is 80 inches by 8 inches.

It's a good *wear with winter coat* size. I wanted to make it with three balls and didn't have enough, so then, of course, couldn't find any more in the right color. I made no attempt at subtlety, no stripes, just changed color outright. This yarn is h@ll on my hands, I'm so glad to be done with it. The Moonlight Mohair is exactly like Trendsetter Dune.

I think I might give it away, but can't really think of any good subjects. I'm sure it will become clear who needs it as the holidays approach (too bad it's not red, so I could donate it to the Red Scarf Project).

Work continues on the sewing room. I think it'll be done this week. ILs are coming for the weekend, so there will be lots of shopping and no crafting (or sewing room move-in) around here.

I bought some purple Koigu for another Crapotee. I love the one I made last year from Knitpicks Gossamer, so I want to repeat it in a different color. It's either that, or start back on the Kiri Shawl, which is going to be the Lacevember project.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines