Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sewing Again


I managed to get things cleaned up enough to make a Tshirt. This is Jalie 2005. I made the sleeves too long. I used the pattern piece for 3/4 length sleeves that I had adjusted for fat arms and I forgot that this is a slightly drop shoulder T. So, I added a little too much length.

In my quest to get the sewing machine at a level that kept my knees from whacking the table constantly, I managed to make the surface too high for the serger and coverhemmer. I guess I'll get used to it, but right now I feel like a kid sewing at Mommy's table.

Speaking of which, my 10 yo dd starts sewing lessons this afternoon. I don't know who she's taking from -- one of my neighbors called me and asked if we were interested because she had to get 5 girls to commit in order to get the teacher. I'm sending dd with my little Janome Jem Gold. I think it's a great little machine to learn on. Keep your fingers crossed that dd might be CONVERTED.

Anybody know of any good cone thread storage options?

I gotta do something about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines