Friday, November 03, 2006

Fall Fun

Yesterday was dd's second sewing lesson. They made fleece blankets that fold up into a pillow. When I got there to pick her up at 5:30, she was sitting there, waiting for help, thinking that she had broken the machine, cuz it was clicking.

Of course, she had made the biggest beginner's fleece mistake (which I STILL make): Forgetting to put down the presser foot. And then continuing to sew and getting a mess of crap from the bobbin all over the back side. Ick. . . So I picked it out for her and helped her resew that section. Y'all know how bad it sux to pick thread out of fleece in a dim room (my 40 yo eyes, ugh). . .

Anyway, she was all *I can't do this, wah wah*. . . So I helped her lay it out and finish sewing the pocket part in. It would be much better if I WASN'T there, because then she wants me to do it for her, and I want to help her, and you know how it is, she doesn't learn how to do it herself. So, I'm now convinced that the class is a definitely a good idea.

Gorgeous weather this week, the leaves are at their peak, and you just want to capture the beauty:

It makes me want to knit something in those colors, very intensely. . .

So, today I'm staying in, putting away Halloween decorations, catching up the laundry, knitting at least two hours on my Lacevember project. I decided I must have a simple easy knitting project that I can work on while too braindead for lace. So, yesterday when I went to JoAnn's to buy dd's fleece for her blanket, I also bought a bunch of Sugar and Cream yarn in bright neon colors to make some dishrags from Mason Dixon Knitting. So.Much.Fun.

Have a good weekend y'all. I hope to stumble into the sewing room at some point.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

yay! You'll have her converted soon hehee : )
Great fall pictures. Love those colors

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines