Monday, September 25, 2006

More Socks

Last week, I finished another pair of basic ribbed socks.

The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in color Peacock. I made a couple of pairs from this yarn two years ago and they have held up very well. No felting, they've stayed soft and nice. I know I've said this before, but you can't judge a sock yarn until you're washed and worn the pair for a while.

I'm making slow progress on the *Favorite Sweater*. See the line across the bust? Think it will block out?

I think they call it *stockinette hell.* So, I am currently knitting and watching
Everybody Loves Raymond DVDs. I never watched this show when it was on, but I got hooked by watching the reruns on TBS.

This weekend I read Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen. This is my book club selection for October. I really liked it -- who knew there was a serial killer at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago?? Not me. I really love the TV shows about serial killers (??!!) and thought I knew them all, but this was news to me. The book also goes into detail about the architects involved in building the Fair, and the ministrations they went through in order to get it built on time.

Plans for the week are to (maybe) finish the brown sweater. I am a one-project girl, and I want to cast on for the Kiri Shawl now, since I want to wear it in December. It's all about the next project, isn't it??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines