Friday, September 15, 2006

My Favorite Sweater


This is it. It has a bit of a long story. My mom made it and gave it to me about 5 years ago.

As you can see, I'm overweight, busty, and short waisted. I know that more fitted silhouettes are in style right now, but I have a hard time wearing them. Who wants to bring attention to a waist that looks like the Michelin Man's? The length is perfect, and I love the sleeves.

Here's a closeup so you can see the Vneck, raglan sleeve shaping, and the crappy, pilly, disgusting yarn (it's not a great color on me either). . .


The pattern is the Neck Down V Neck T Shirt for Women from Knitting Pure and Simple.


My mom is a great friend and knitter. She knit this sweater so that she could help her friend figure out the pattern. That is the ONLY REASON. The yarn was some cheap acrylic that was intended for a baby blanket for charity. Her friend was knitting this pattern and having problems with it, so Mom decided to cast on and see if she could figure it out. Then she decided she liked how it was knitting up and finished it. After that, she looked around for someone to give it to.

My next project is to make this sweater from Knit Picks Main Line in chocolate brown. In the southern climate, cotton is more wearable than wool. I'm anxiously awaiting the yarn's arrival. Man, I hope it's nice, cuz if I had THAT SWEATER in a nice yarn, I would live in it. . .

In other news, I am taking THIS MESS to my mom this weekend and see if she can work any magic or get me back on the right road again. . . If that doesn't work, then maybe I'll email that Knit Fix lady. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Your sweater looks like it is *the* most comfortable sweater!
I hope your mom can help you with Charlotte have a great weekend!!!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines