Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Squash and Socks


I finished a pair of socks over the weekend. They are from the 4-stitch pattern section in Sensational Knitted Socks. I think it was called basic waffle stitch. It was K 2, P 2, for three rounds and then a purl round. I used size 1s (which I hated because they were too long). The yarn is a merino/nylon blend from Ellen's Half Pint Farm. I went to my LYS looking for shorter 5" needles last week and they didn't have any zeros or ones, but they ordered some -- ha, any excuse to get me to check back with them.

I started the Fetching wristlets in the car yesterday and they're going to knit up fast. If they go as well as I hope, I might be making a few pairs for teacher's gifts at Christmas.

The weather in Illinois was fantastic -- cool and dry, you just wanted to be outside the whole time. We went to a pumpkin patch and I bought a bunch of squash and pumpkins and indian corn, and it was so cheap! I would have paid twice or more for that stuff if I bought it here.

I would feel like a dork putting pumpkins out my porch so soon, so I'm going to keep them inside until it cools off some. Dh's aunt gave me some sedum with lavender blooms, so I want to get those transplanted. My summer annuals look awful, so maybe I'll replace them with mums this week.

I stopped at the Lodge Cast Iron Outlet on the way back and got a new big skillet. I really want to go cook something now. . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

Your socks look great! Love the green. I can hardly believe that summer is over and fall is here! Your sewing room redo sounds fab!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines