Monday, September 18, 2006

That Knitpicks Sweater

I told y'all I was going to my mom's. The best part is seeing what she's been working on since my last visit in July. Can you believe this?

This is the Palette Fair Isle Cardigan. I bought her the Palette sampler last year for Christmas, so she decided to make up their pattern. Isn't it fantastic?

Matching Socks!

As beautiful on the inside as the outside. (She steeked it in front of one of her knitting groups -- what a showoff!!)

She's trying to decide whether to put buttons on it. The buttonholes are really tiny, so it's hard to figure out what to use, but I was thinking either leave it alone or add a zipper. The band is sturdy enough that you could easily add a zipper without stabilizing it.

I just had to show you guys and believe me, the photos don't even come close to capturing the beauty. She is entering it in the county fair next week. (She usually wins, of course. . .)

The other good news is that she had made two more sweaters in those two months. I think I'll do a separate blog post about each one, to spread things out a bit this week. (I have 2 FOs to show off too.)

Happy Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

wow, your mom's sweater and socks amazing!! What a great job

7:17 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Wow, those are so amazing. Your dm is very talented.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines