Friday, September 08, 2006

Fetching


Here are the Fetching wristlets. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and size 6 needles. I added a couple of inches to the length, by doing a couple of extra cable repeats. That means it took two balls instead of one.

They were easy and fun, which makes me think I might make more for teacher's gifts, but then I smack myself in the head as a reminder that I DON'T do gift knitting. . .

I didn't block them, and my cast on and bind off are little ripply. You can't see it as much when they're being worn and stretched. I practically live in these in the winter, so they will be worn and washed a lot. My old pair (made from Lion Brand Woolease) look like something the dog dragged in.

Finally I have a picture of what I did yesterday.

The old salvia and daisies were dead. I cut back the daisies to see if they will revive (I think they are perenials, but who knows?) and planted mums. I haven't planted mums in a long time. I don't like them because they bloom really quickly and then immediately die and look crappy. So then you're forced with either cutting them back and waiting, or throwing them out. I had no choice but to plant these because they were the ONLY THING at the garden center. Where are the pansies??

I'm only showing this photo because my 5 yo took it and is so proud of himself.

I have no idea what I'm doing this weekend. I need to start a new knitting project. I need to work in the sewing room. I need to clean the back porch and rake up rotten cherries.

Also, I got a flyer for a craft festival nearby that is supposed to feature spinning, But dh is out of town, so I would have to take the kids. Probably not worth it in that case. We would be stuck at the bouncy castles and candy apples and I would be trying to drag them around the whole time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

oooo! your fetching mits looks great! very snuggly. Love the mums ; )

1:37 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The mits are so pretty, love your photo shoot. Nice mums, but I agree with you, they are pricey and too short-lived.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

The mits are so pretty, love your photo shoot. Nice mums, but I agree with you, they are pricey and too short-lived.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines