Monday, September 11, 2006

Flag


I'm realizing that I've never posted a quilt photo on my blog. But, I'm also guessing this is the last one I made, and it was 4 or 5 years ago or so. And yesterday I sat around watching 9/11 shows on PBS all afternoon while I was knitting a sock.

I'm not typically a flag flyer, mostly because I don't want people to think I'm a gung ho-right wing-fascist-neocon-nut job who subscribes to *you're either with us, or with them* kind of thinking. Trying not to get all politicky on you, but maybe the best defense is to reclaim the flag for *the rest of the people* who do not think this way. Those of us with more moderate views.

FWIW, I enjoyed the discussion HERE.

Have a great day, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

Thanks for linking to Plain Jane. I enjoyed reading her. I did my own little 911 thing with my kids today. The flag? I'll just stick to Jasper Johns.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

lovely quilt : )

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines