Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Caterpillars


I just found this guy on my watering can. Apparently, he is a Saddleback Caterpillar, but to me he looks like a little Chinese dragon.

Here's a better photo that I got off a Cool Bug Website. You have to love the internet. You can sit at home and look up anything you are curious about. I would have been wondering about that caterpillar for days, but way too lazy to go to the library and find a book and HOPE that it would even show him.

I found this guy last week.

He is a Parsleyworm, he will become a black swallowtail butterfly. I don't mind at all sacrificing my Italian Parsley for him. I once got to watch the butterfly hatch from its cocoon and dry its wings on my parsley plant. Fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

my, what interesting creatures you have in your garden!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines