Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sewing Room - Before

I have pictures today, yay!

I am going to have an L shaped table in this corner, mimicking the current setup. I will be adding some overhead cabinets and some cabinets under the double window at the end, with cushions on top like a window seat.

The contractor had made some mockups on the computer, but he kept all the copies -- I'll try to get one of his pics up when I get one. It's much easier to see it on paper than have me describe it.


Next, will be a really large cabinet with doors between the two windows. More storage under the windows. And then in the corner shown here, a gigantic bookcase, which will be fabric storage, mainly. I also have a lot of storage under my island cutting table, so I think it will work fine. There is room for a sitting area with a chair and a table or two under the eaves in the front part of the room.

I'm thinking that having the built-ins will not be a drawback if we have to move again. The big cabinet could easily be converted into a TV cabinet or armoire and the sewing surface would make a double computer desk. . .

The weather is finally changing a bit, we have rain from Ernesto, thankfully. Also a few thunderstorms this week, so I haven't had to water so much. Am trying to make the most of the end of summer. Went swimming one day this week, it felt so decadent, doing it alone in the middle of the day. The joy of back-to-school. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Mary, I bet you can't wait to have your room done. Sounds like your are enjoying your time alone during the school day. I remember that well, feels incredible.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines