Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tomatoes


The tomatoes are finally getting ripe. Maybe I'll have a sammich today for lunch. The last time I successfully grew them was 6 years ago, when I was pregnant with ds and ate tomato sandwiches all the time. At the time, I had imaginings that he WAS a tomato, growing in there. Weird, I know.

Tuesday I hosted a back to school pool party for the girl scouts here at my house. They were good, and I didn't have a whole lot of prep to do, or cooking, but it was a long party and *the moms* sat outside in the heat watching the girls swim for a couple of hours, which is always exhausting.

Yesterday was a trip the kids' dentist for cleanings, some back to school shopping, Kindergarden open house and parent meeting, then my book club last night. Of course I drank too much wine at book club and probably slurred a few profanities in to the ear of one of my buds, but maybe she thought it was funny rather than obnoxious. A girl can hope, anyway. . .

My August Burda WOF remains unread, still in its plastic wrapper. If I can just survive this week, then next week BOTH OF MY CHILDREN WILL BE IN SCHOOL ALL DAY. I am shouting because I can't believe it. The only immediate plans are to get my hair cut and colored and to return to Curves. Maybe I will actually SEW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines