Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Beware of Coyotes


It's not the kind of sign you like to see when you're going for a walk in the woods. I'm freaking out every time I hear a squirrel rustling the leaves.

Dd went camping with the girl scouts last weekend. I opted not to go. One of the chaperones had some chest pain and ended up going to the emergency room early on the first morning. She stayed at the hospital a couple of days, heart disease runs in her family.

So, I'm back to Curves and walking, but having this sick friend means I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast. . . My mom had heart failure 18 months ago, so it's in my family too. I'm thinking heart disease is much more likely for me than coyotes.

I got this kitchen towel finished:

I have terrible embroidery skillz. The towels are really good practice for me. I never start liking my handwork until I get to the end of a project. Things start out really bad and then I suddenly figure it out and improve.

I don't have much to report otherwise. Every time I walk into the sewing room I want to cry because the Charlotte's Web Shawl is lying there with a hole in it, needing to be fixed. I think I might take her to my mom for a consultation. She'll know what to do. I need to put her away so I don't have to see her and get depressed.

My contractor came by to look at building in sewing room shelves. I think I'm going to put some window seats in for storage underneath. He's trying to figure out how to recess the machines into the sewing surface. We'll see what he comes up with.

3 Comments:

Blogger vickibarkley said...

If it's any consolation, my heart, blood pressure, etc, all normalized with being closer to a normal weight. You have never even been close to the crazy extremes of me and Mom. Just take care of yourself and don't worry too much. And the walking is a good thing.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Yah, Vak, that's just it. This lady can't be more than 20 lbs overweight, if that. I talked to her mom last night and so far, they think they can control her problems with diet, exercise and fewer commitments. . .

4:28 AM  
Blogger Amanda Cathleen said...

oh, wow! Hope your friend gets better soon!
Your embroidery looks great, much much better than mine! ; )

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines