Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back Porch

One of my goals for the summer was to have a back porch that I could sit on and drink coffee, read the paper, and watch the birds at the feeder. I think I have it now:

In the process, I'm tossing an old Mexican furniture set, called *equipales*.

Dh and I bought a table and four chairs and brought them back from Laredo before we were married. I had left some pieces outside on the back porch at my last house and squirrels had chewed the leather to the point that you couldn't sit in them any more, so it doesn't make sense to keep them. But it makes me sad.

Hmmm, just how many *goals* did I set for myself this summer? Of course they're not written down because then I would have to be accountable. Honestly, the only one I'm failing is my summer reading. Reading is impossible right now because I have a 5 yo yammering and stammering in my ear and breaking my concentration all day long. I was trying to read the paper yesterday and snapped. This kid cannot be quiet for 10 seconds. . . No one tells you that having kids means you are incapable of maintaining your own inner life.

Here's a tomato update:

I'm wrestling with the idea of having a *Fried Green-A-Thon* or waiting for them to ripen. I'm the only one who'll eat the fried ones, so is it worth the trouble? I had one starting to turn red and when I picked it, it had blossom end rot. Damn. Not a good sign.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you got tomatoes this year--I don't know what happened to mine. I get mad every time I have to pay for tomatoes at the grocery now, LOL.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines