Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Home from Camp

I came home with an FO, which made me happy. I didn't have enough of the knitted squares to make up a full vest front, so I only used it on the front panels, which worked out to be more slimming anyway. . .

There was a massive panic Friday night when I realized I didn't have enough squares. Mom helped me wind up the last two balls (thank goodness I had a last minute yarn shop panic attack)and knit them up during the presentation. I don't think I could have finished without her help. Then we sewed them together and went to bed.

We had Saturday morning off, so I went for a walk and enjoyed the scenery:

This is at Lake Junaluska, NC.

Then I showered and fused and cut the vest out. Here is my REVIEW if you want more details. I was so glad I took my machine, although I think some of my classmates might have been a little unimpressed (I kept hearing the world *ringer* applied to myself in the back of the room).

BTW, the class was on combining knitting and sewing and was taught by
Susan Lazear. She was delightful and gave us freedom to work on whatever we wanted. So it wasn't a big deal that I chose not to use her patterns and she really made a nice effort not to shill her software unless the student wanted her to. . . I think I was the only one who didn't use her patterns, although I brought home a couple of them that we worked on in class, which I *might* use. . .

I'll post some more pictures, particularly of the polarfleece jacket project, tomorrow. Blogger doesn't like my photos today. . . There was a little shopping too, so maybe I'll post some yarn prOn for you if you want to see some goodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines