Monday, April 24, 2006

Savannah, Girl Scout Style



That's me in the garden of the Juliet Gordon Low house. We took a tour and I spotted a sock on the needles in an upstairs bedroom. It was a child's sock, white wool, knit top down on steel dpns. It was 1X1 rib at the top, then stockinette with a row of garter and eyelets above the heel. The heel had been turned and it was ready to start the gussets. They had it laying on a book on a couch like someone had just been knitting and left it there.

The girls had a blast, worshipping at the birthplace all day Saturday. A couple of us moms got away for the afternoon and walked around a bit. I found a little fabric shop and took a look around, and then we found a bar and listened to a band on River Street. We took a ghostly (and ghastly) carriage tour in the evening. I bought some pralines but the disappeared before I got home (???).

Yesterday was a dolphin boat from Tybee Island and a tour of the lighthouse. We had a leisurely lunch al fresco at the Crab Shack -- they have gators! -- and then drove home. I want to go back. . .

I didn't touch the knitting needles, but used some yarn for a lanyard for someone's tour ticket. Be Prepared. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines